Friday, March 9, 2012

Early to Bed...

As I'm sure most people know by now, this weekend is Daylight Savings. Which means we lose an hour on Saturday night. Because I need one less hour in my life right now ;) Okay, so it may not be the end of the world, but it can certainly be a pain for sleep patterns. This is even more relevant now that the girls are going to school, since we have places to be in the mornings so they need to wake up on time. In the past I've been pretty good about gradually working on moving bedtime - 10 to 15 minutes one way or the other for several days until we have adjusted the full hour Daylight Savings requires. It's no perfect science, but has seemed to work in the past. I realized yesterday, however, that I had not even begun working on putting the girls to bed earlier yet. It seemed adjusting the girls might not work out as well this go around.

Today the girls decided to help me with this venture. Molly ended up taking two 30 minute naps today (less than half the nap time she normally gets), and Jocelyn opted for no nap at all. After two playdates and an hour and a half at the dance studio, at the end of the day the girls were sufficiently exhausted. They were in bed with lights out at 7:30pm, a full 30 minutes earlier than usual. Who knows, at this rate maybe I can get them down tomorrow night at 7pm and make that transition work after all! Yeah right, but a mom can dream. Oh, and be thankful for an extra 30 minutes at the end of the day to unwind in some quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment