Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Wedding Bells

Tonight bathtime provided a most humorous conversation. I'm not sure how it began, but as Ben was washing the girls, Ava said, "I can't wait to get married!" To which Jocelyn promptly replied, "I want get married too!" Ava then proceeded to explain to Jocie that their Daddy would walk them down the aisle to their husbands. Ben sort of slumped his shoulders and muttered something along the lines of "I am so not ready for all this." It was a very short, very lighthearted interaction between them all. It made me laugh to see Ben already dreading something that seems so far away. And yet, I'm sure it will seem like no time at all before those three babes all bathing together in one tub will be grown up bathing their own babies. The last 5 1/2 years alone have flown by, I can only imagine how much faster time will pass us by in the years to come. But for now, I'll settle for silly statements from my girls that make Ben's heart speed up in panic and my heart smile with joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment