Friday, March 16, 2012

Road Trip!

This afternoon the girls and I made the trip down to Virginia Beach to spend the weekend with Ben. That's right, 3 girlies, me, and nothing but 180ish miles of open road. We got some McDonald's on the way out of town, Ava and Jocie watched a movie or two, Molly slept for almost an hour... all in all a successful trip. (Minor hiccup of Jocie having an accident with NO warning she had to pee, but these things happen I suppose.) By the time we got here I was exhausted, but very glad I took the plunge to travel down. We had dinner with the family of a girl Ava used to dance with, which was so much fun. The girls got crazy amounts of energy out running in the backyard, playing dress-up, and performing dances for the adults. And we adults got to catch up, which is always nice. We arrived at our cottage after dark, so the girls will get to explore our home-away-from-home in the morning, but for now I am thankful for having a fun and safe journey just us girls, and am very looking forward to a quiet peaceful night's rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment