Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Power of Touch

Today I want to talk about the blessing of Jocelyn's hands. Kind of a weird way to start, I know. But her hands are truly a wonder to me. Her hands are much like the rest of her - big. Ever since she was a baby, she has had these big, meaty hands. I remember how funny it was playing with all the folds on her fingers and wrists. But what amazes me most is how gentle those big hands can be. This afternoon as she was going down for a nap, she looked up at me and very softly stroked my cheek. At one point today she sat down next to Molly and gently patted her head. It always amazes me how my Texas Tornado can be a force of nature yet so soft and gentle all at the same time. I am so thankful for those hands and their loving touch. Just one stroke on my cheek and the world is a much brighter place.

No comments:

Post a Comment