Saturday, March 10, 2012

Snuggle Bug

Well last night's sleeping experiment went well for two out of three kids. Ava and Jocie slept like rocks - and with the omission of naps for the second day in a row they actually were down by 7:15 tonight! Molly, however, was a different story. Both her bottom molars are coming in, and she was up at 11pm, midnight, and 2am. Fortunately, she was back down each time within 5 minutes, but she wasn't feeling much better by this morning. Slight fever and still sleepy, Molly pretty much spent the day in my lap. She even fell asleep on me for almost an hour and a half. To grasp the significance of this, understand that none of my children have chosen to nap on me after they reached about 3 months old. They've always been great sleepers in their own beds, and for that I am VERY thankful. But there is something so special about a child feeling so comfortable and safe that they put all their trust in you as they sleep on you. This is the view I had for that special hour:


Don't get me wrong, I hope these teeth break through soon and alleviate this poor child's pain, but I also cherish these rare times, as I know they will certainly not last.

No comments:

Post a Comment