Saturday, March 17, 2012

Memory Lane

Today was a great day in a place we once called home. We took the girls to the aquarium, where they oohed and ahhed at the fish, refused to touch any of the touchable exhibits, and ran a fair amount of energy out. I was able to get some shopping done at local stores I love and haven't found replacements for anywhere I've lived since. We even opted to drive a few extra miles to get some fabulous dinner from Fazoli's in Chesapeake. If you have never eaten Fazoli's, you have not LIVED. The breadsticks themselves are worth the extra miles driven. The girls have been run ragged and slept whenever possible. As we drive by places I keep saying to Ava (who was the only child to have lived here) "This is where we..." It is so fun to get to show her these places that she does not remember but is excited to see and learn about. Of course as I write this at 9:50pm the girls are still trying to fall asleep, so I'm PRAYING for them to sleep in at least a little so I'm not stuck with overtired crankpots waiting for their daddy to run by. But for now I will focus on the warm fuzzies of new memories being made in old stomping grounds.

Molly checking out some fish

The girls were not too sure about the kimono dragon

Yeah... maybe they're related ;)

We come to the aquarium and they want to play with the toy vet sets

Look, Momma, I caught myself a gator!

FISH!!

I think they were surprised by the fish...?

Watching the volcano exhibit... again, all three doing the same thing!

Almost touched a ray

Probably the happiest anyone's ever looked inside a shark's mouth

Cheesing with the dolphin

As close as anyone got to touching the touchable animals

Impromptu conference held in a viewing portal

Getting some good exercise 

Fazoli's breadsticks!!! (Yes they warrant their own picture)

Full and happy girls at Fazoli's

No comments:

Post a Comment