Monday, March 19, 2012

Home again, home again...

As was stated in the last post, we did not get home until 10pm last night. Let me be clear: neither Ava nor Jocelyn slept in the car AT ALL, and therefore went to bed late without having had a nap for the third day in a row. Needless to say my expectations for today were pretty minimal. I hoped to survive three overtired children with as few meltdowns as possible.

Once again my daughters exceeded my expectations. Best part of my day was first thing: Jocelyn had come into my room at 6:45am as usual, but was kind enough to fall back asleep until 7:30am. Molly woke up at the same time, and I went in to her room, got her out of her crib, and brought her into my bed to watch some tv, as I do every morning. When she saw Jocie already in the bed as we walked in, her face immediately lit up and she started waving at her big sister. Jocelyn waved back, and gave Molly a big bear hug when we lay down. These two are like me in that they are not morning people, so to see them in such high spirits so early told me it would be a very good day indeed. And it was - everyone napped, Ava was super helpful all day, and even the few meltdowns were nowhere near as bad as I had anticipated. Weekends away are always nice, but there's something to be said about the comfort of knowing you're home. I'm glad my kids already get this on some level, and that they are resettling into our normal, albeit crazy, routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment