Monday, March 5, 2012

Dancing Queens (and King)

Originally my planned title for today's entry was going to be "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun." After naps, Ava and Jocelyn busted out Jocie's new Fresh Beat Band album, grabbed a few glo-stick bracelets, and had an hour-long dance party in their bedroom. This was a very elaborate affair - they put lotion on, applied lip gloss, changed into skirts and leggings... the whole nine yards for those two. Molly was allowed to stop in from time to time, but this was a "big girl" soiree if ever there was one. I rolled my eyes at the silliness of it, as my heart swelled with pride at my daughters' imaginations and joy for life and each other.

Then Ben came home, and after dinner it was his turn to contribute to the dance party. There was some "shufflin'" going on courtesy of LMFAO, followed by the ever popular spin on another of the group's songs, "I'm Elmo and I Know It." I have got to say, for as often as Ben expressed doubts in the beginning about being able to relate to his daughters, he sure has embraced the dance world his girls love so much. Watching all 3 girls and their Daddy moving to the music, it's clear dance fever has hit our house hard. And if it continues to bring the smiles and joy it has given us so far, I dearly hope it's here to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment