Thursday, June 7, 2012

Stepping Up

I woke up this morning with a weird crick in my back, near my left shoulderblade. It ached but was only minorly bothersome. For some reason, however, the pain went from dull and little to sharp and intense just as I was giving the girls a bath. I managed to get them out of the bath and dressed for bed, but then I had to go lie down, I was in such pain. All three girls seemed to sense I wasn't kidding around, and behaved wonderfully. Ava cleaned her room for 20 minutes without complaint. (I think she was playing some too, but it was all pleasant so I'm certainly not complaining.) Each girl tried to come snuggle with me at some point, which while uncomfortable was very appreciated. It was nice to know that if I am in bad shape, my kids don't immediately prey on my weakness, but rise to the occassion and make me a very proud Momma. Now to just sleep the right way tonight so they don't have to take care of themselves tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment