Monday, June 18, 2012

Snuggle Buddy

I don't relate to Jocelyn in many ways. She is big both in body and personality; I tend to be on the small side on both fronts. She tackles anything head on; I prefer to err on the side of caution. She is loud and expressive, while I embrace my internal monologue and an borderline introverted. I often chuckle in amazement that this child is my daughter, with 50% of her genes coming from me.

Another difference between the two of us is that I am not a very physically affectionate person, while Jocelyn is very touchy-feely. This afternoon, I was exhausted and for once so was she, so I made her come take a nap with me. In my queen-sized bed, Jocelyn literally crawled into the curve of my body as I lay on my side, forcing me to spoon her. After a few minutes I needed to roll over, and after doing so Jocelyn adjusted herself so her back was not just touching me but LEANING on me. For being someone with a pretty big personal space bubble, I have to say it was nice napping with Jocie. She somehow manages to bring out my inner snuggler, a fact which never ceases to surprise me, and makes me smile every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment