Saturday, June 9, 2012

Date Night

Tonight Ben and I celebrated our anniversary (a few days early - our actual anniversary is Monday). We did something we rarely do: got babysitters to watch the kids and went out on a date, just the two of us. We ate at an Irish pub in Shirlington, then went and watched the movie "What to Expect When You're Expecting." The movie was perfect - hilarious, especially since we could relate to SO many parts. As I sat watching it, I got to thinking about how blessed Ben and I are to be sharing this great adventure of marriage and parenthood together. Monday we will be married 7 years, and in that time we've moved 4 times, had 3 children, and experienced numerous ups and downs. I can't imagine my life without Ben. We balance each other and keep each other sane (most of the time). I don't know that I can say I love him more now than I did on our wedding day, because I've always loved him with my all. But my love has certainly become deeper and more complex. I'm very glad we had the chance tonight to spend some rare one-on-one time enjoying each other, and can't wait for many more date nights in the years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment