Friday, June 29, 2012

Shower Baby

Tonight Molly took her first shower. Jocie was already in the shower when Ben walked in with Molly and suggested she get in too instead of taking a bath. I was more than a little hesitant - even now Jocelyn can be very iffy with the shower. Sometimes she thinks it's great, then the water hits her the wrong way and she loses her mind. But I thought what the heck, we might as well give it a try. So I opened the shower door and helped Molly step in. She immediately went to where the water was falling, and stood in the downpour for a solid minute. Water cascading right onto her head, the child who cries when I have to wash the shampoo out of her hair was LOVING the shower. They stayed in almost 15 minutes before I finally cut them off (and was met with much whining to be sure). Yet another surprise from one of my children. I should know by now not to be surprised by their unexpected reactions to things, but I am still amazed day in and day out by my daughters. My bath baby has graduated to a shower sweetie.


No comments:

Post a Comment