Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day

Today is Father's Day, so it seems only fitting that a bit of my post be about the father of my children. Today was not a perfect or even smooth day by any stretch. We tried starting off the day right, bringing Ben his gifts along with breakfast in bed. This quickly went awry when I had to remind Jocelyn to let Daddy open his own presents, then chase after Molly who had thought sticking her hands down her poopy diaper would be a fun way to start the day. But once again Ben showed just how great a dad and husband he is by taking it all in stride with a smile. From antsy kids in Mass to massive meltdowns before bedtime, it was by no means a "special" day, but it was a day in which the kids loved on their Daddy and made sure he knew just how special he is to them. We are all pretty darn lucky to have Ben in our lives, and I hope he was able to feel at least a little special and honored today.

the girls "loving" on Daddy :)

I do have to add another fun moment for the day. This afternoon Ben took Ava and Jocelyn to the pool in our neighborhood, but after the last two days I thought it would be better to give Molly a little break and keep her home. So we played a little, and then had dinner just the two of us. I didn't realize until today just how much we have both missed our one-on-one time when the girls were in school. It was really nice eating with Molly, doing "cheers" about 58 times and just laughing with each other. It has given me renewed resolve to make special time for each of my kids as the summer progresses. Those times together really are very special.

Saying "cheers," one of Molly's new favorite mealtime games

Not a bad looking dinner date :)

No comments:

Post a Comment