Thursday, June 21, 2012

Let the Dancing Begin

Today was the start of our yearly dance marathon - it's recital time! We had rehearsal today, will have another rehearsal tomorrow, then two recital performances Saturday, followed by cast party Sunday. I am sitting at my computer nursing a glass of wine which is going to make me pass out at any minute. (Exhaustion and alcohol don't mix... who'd of thunk?) It was great seeing Ava having so much fun today. She had no idea what a long afternoon/evening it was. (We arrived at rehearsal shortly after 2, left just after 9.) She was watching her friends dance, playing with her classmates in the dressing room and auditorium, dancing on stage during breaks. She finds such joy in dancing and in her dancing family, and it brings me joy watching her have so much fun. Now if I can just mainline some caffeine the next few days, and we'll be doing just fine...

Will put some videos up of Ava's routines at some point, but I am just too tired to wait for my camera to upload all those pictures tonight. Another time... stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment