Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Beautiful friends

Each year, Ava's dance recital opens up with a slideshow full of pictures taken throughout the year. It's always fun to see all the sweet and goofy pictures of the many dancers, and I have fun seeing a shot or two of my own dancers in the mix. This year I didn't get to see the slideshow until cast party. Almost at the end of the show, this picture appears on the screen:


Now, I don't find myself to be a very emotional person, but the second I saw this picture I teared up. This is Ava with Riley, who is Ava's best dance friend and probably one of her best friends period. They are together a lot, and have so much fun together. But to see this picture and the pure, unadulterated joy that is shining in both of their faces... I have looked at this picture at least 10 times today, just because it brings a warmth to my heart. A picture can truly be worth a thousand words, and I am so glad that this moment was captured for me to look back on for years to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment