Thursday, June 14, 2012

Odd Man Out

Today was pretty rough. I'm feeling like we're hitting a beginning-of-summer hump, when the kids are tired of being home listening to me all the time. Today was "boring" because all we did was run errands and go to swimming lessons. The girls were not HORRIBLE, but they weren't good either. They have just pretty much gotten to ignoring me entirely, which is a pretty crappy conclusion for any parent to come to. When Ben arrived home this evening, I was in a self-appointed time out in our room while the girls hung out in the living room. It seems Ben is still in the girls' good graces, because they were all joking and playing around all evening. By bathtime Jocelyn and Ava were ganging up on their Daddy, calling him a "stinky boy" and other such nonsense. I've got to be honest, it was fun watching the girls rag on their daddy as he tried his best to put on a brave face. I'm not sure he was enjoying being reminded he is but one man in a sea of Seward estrogen, but it was nice for me to see my kids smiling and having fun. Who knows, maybe tomorrow I'll even get a smile or two of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment