Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Drama Queen

I have decided Ava would make the perfect reality show contestant. The child has NO internal voice - she says what she thinks at all times. Today was full of little instances that support this. First, I was walking by the bathroom earlier, where Ava was getting ready and talking and singing to herself the entire time. Five whole minutes (at least) of utter nonsense, just whatever popped into her head at the moment. This evening she had a major meltdown and was sent to her room. As I neared her door to go and talk to her, I hear her talking to herself through her tears. Monologues on how unfair her life is, how mean other people (especially her parents) are, etc. But the best part was probably when we were cleaning up puzzles this afternoon. I was counting in my head the number of pieces I was holding. Ava looked at me in astonishment and said, "Mommy, how are you counting without saying the numbers??" :) She is my polar opposite. I embrace the silence that forever eludes me as a mom; she can't fathom how you would count without saying the numbers aloud. All I have to say is TV execs better watch out. I hope Ava's never one of the crazy-extreme people on an attention-begging reality show, but she will master the confessional segments like none other!

No comments:

Post a Comment