Monday, June 4, 2012

Bookworm

I love to read. I am pleased (heck, ecstatic) to say that I have passed along this love to my daughters. My kids have a ridiculous amount of books. Molly takes a board book with her to naptime each afternoon. I read at least one book to the girls every night at bedtime. During the school year, Ava would go to the library once a week and bring home one book. A few days ago, I decided that this summer Mondays would be library days. We are lucky to have a library about a mile and a half from our house, so it makes sense to make this a normal stop on our weekly schedule. Today was extra special because Ava got her very own library card. She was SO excited and proud. And I have to say I was pretty proud too - proud that my daughter considers a library card such a big deal. She checked out her books, and carried them and her card to the car with great care. I hope she always loves books this much. That would certainly be a success as far as this Momma's concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment