Thursday, January 3, 2013

Zoo a la Seward

This evening at bathtime I had one of those crazy Mom moments. Ava and Jocelyn were already in the bath, and I was trying to wrangle Molly to join the crew. I suddenly hear Ava say, "Stop trying to smell my wiener!!" I stick my head into the bathroom and say in my sternest voice that I don't EVER want to hear her say that again. Oh, and by the way... you don't have a wiener. Ava looked at me and said, "What do I have? Oh yeah, a bootie!" Good enough for now. I looked over at Jocelyn about to reprimand her when I see her with a bath doll in her mouth. So I decided to pick my battles and just yelled at her to get the toy out of her mouth, she's not a baby! Seconds later, I feel wind behind me as Molly runs by completely naked holding two of her stuffed animals screeching (albeit happily) "NO BATH!!" To which both the older girls start giggling uncontrollably, and I stand in my hallway wondering how in the world I got here? I live in a zoo. There is no other way to describe it. I pretend like I have everything under control, and sometimes I actually do. But most of the time I just contain the circus to the best of my ability and hope for the best. And as crazy as it all is and as overwhelmed as I sometimes feel, I LOVE MY LIFE and wouldn't change a single thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment