Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Decompressing

I have had the last two hours or so all to myself. Ben was working in the study after the girls went to bed, and turned in early himself. I was sitting on my couch, nibbling on Nilla Wafers, watching Castle reruns, and occasionally perusing my tablet. For some reason these relaxing activities acted as a sort of meditative refocusing for me. I was thinking about how lucky I am to have a husband who is so actively involved in our children's lives. I thought about how adorable it was today when Molly was putting clips in her hair and insisting on walking in her big sister's Hello Kitty slippers. I recalled Jocelyn rediscovering some dress-up high heels and tap dancing all over the house in them, and Ava trying so very hard to cuddle tonight, but being so wired she just couldn't sit still. Today was a very typical day for me - running errands, doing chores, trying to be as productive as possible with countless interruptions. But tonight I go to bed feeling very at peace and content in my life. It is not easy or boring by any stretch, but I cannot imagine being happier any other way. I am glad to have stumbled on the unexpected opportunity to reflect on these happy thoughts.

3 comments:

  1. you know what my brain is thinking about all of that? " I LOVE Castle!" :) decompressing is good too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Castle is easily one of my 3 favorite shows. I discovered it in syndication on TNT a few weeks ago, and my life has just been that much brighter because of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh, TNT! I wish you could watch it in order. sometimes TNT skips around too much. Its so much fun to watch and I love the tension between Beckett and Castle. the casting is just great :) too bad we don't live closer or we could enjoy it together!

    ReplyDelete