Friday, January 18, 2013

Preschool Open House

Tonight Jocie's preschool had its annual open house and family fun night. Jocelyn didn't find out about it until after school, and from then until we got in the car to leave she was bouncing around the house with excitement. This is the first year that it's just HER school, and so I think she has much more pride and ownership of the preschool. She couldn't wait to see her friends and play in all of the different rooms.

I actually missed a lot of the open house. I got to have some pizza at the very beginning, but then had to dash off and pick Ava up at the dance studio. Then we headed back to the preschool in time for the last portion of the evening, which is a sing-a-long. The music teacher sings 4 or 5 songs with the kids, who at this point are pretty much bouncing off the walls as it is after 8pm. Ava enjoyed seeing her old teachers, although not half as excited as they were to see her. She got to share about her kindergarten and dance, and walk around as the alum for the first time.

As I stood in the family room watching all these kids singing and dancing, I took the time to look at each of my daughters. Ava was smiling and singing along to songs she had not heard in almost a year but began to recall almost immediately. Jocelyn sang and danced with her friends, grinning and laughing every second. And Molly was watching everyone and doing surprisingly well at following the hand and foot movements to each of the songs. Each year, this event reminds me how thankful I am that we found this school. My girls have and will continue to flourish and grow with the wonderful staff and students. It is a special place, and perfect for my special girls.

Jocie with her friend Michelle

showing off some face paint

Dancing to the Dinosaur song - Molly's favorite

No comments:

Post a Comment