Tuesday, January 15, 2013

My Molly Monkey

This morning Ben got Molly our of her crib, and a few minutes brought her into our room fully dressed, informing me that she had peed out of her diaper and onto her pajamas and bed. So after I got Ava off to school I went in to strip Molly's bed. This first meant removing the 11 or 12 stuffed animals, 3 blankets, and 2 pillows that were currently taking up residence. I put on a new sheet and replaced her pillowcase and put the pillow back in, taking the linens to be washed and leaving the animals next to her bed on the floor. Molly looked at me and asked to get into her bed. I eyed her skeptically and said, "Are you sure? You want to get IN your bed?" She said yes, so up she went into her crib. She must have played in there for at least 20 minutes, most of which she was just rolling from one side to the other. In my head I was thinking, Yeah, this is what happens when your bed isn't taken over by stuffed animals! She was happy as a clam, and I got the laundry in and even tidied up a little with the extra toddler-contained time. She is a little monkey, and I wouldn't have her any other way.


No comments:

Post a Comment