Friday, January 4, 2013

Aggie Day, Bowl-style

Tonight our Texas A&M Aggies played in the Cotton Bowl. It was a bittersweet day for me, as it's the last Aggie football game until next fall. I HATE the end of college football season - the world just seems a little emptier without it. (Dramatic, I know, but there it is.) However, in our best season in a VERY long time, I was excited to see us play against an old Big 12 rival to see how we really stack up and improved.

My Ags did not disappoint. It was a great game. Even better, Ben and I went to one of his coworker's apartments to watch the game with a few other people. After everyone got used to my yelling at the players to make the damn tackle or run faster it was a lot of fun. I don't usually enjoy watching football with other people, especially people I don't know well, since I get so intense and look a little crazed. But Ben's coworkers are fun people, and it was nice to get to know them better while showing off what a terrific football program our school now has.

It is way past midnight as I am heading to bed, and while I dread the sleep deprivation I will no doubt be feeling tomorrow I could not be happier with the way my day went. I am still very sad that I will be without Aggie football for the next 8 months, but I can't wait to see what those boys have in store for us next season.

My bonus for the day: this morning I explained to the girls that this was going to be the last Aggie Day for a while. I don't know if it was because they haven't been forced into their A&M gear in a while, they could see how important this was to me, or they were just in good enough moods to humor me, but all three girls wore their Aggie apparel happily. Here are a few pics of my little Aggie fans.

Ava whooping

Jocie giving her best Gig 'Em

Molly saying "Touchdown!" with princesses in hand

Three lil Aggies

The older 2 wanted to do one more silly picture, but Molly was NOT interested ;)

1 comment:

  1. love it Laura! Hopefully one day we can get all our girls together to watch the Aggies!

    ReplyDelete