Friday, January 11, 2013

Baby Time

Tonight I got some much anticipated newborn-baby time. One of the dance teachers at Ava's dance studio (who also taught the class I took last year) had a little boy the day after Thanksgiving. I hadn't been able to go meet him yet since I've been sick for so long. But today I offered to watch Jaxon while his momma taught some classes. I literally walked the hallway in the dance studio holding this precious 6-week-old for almost 3 hours. I changed him once, but that was the only time he wasn't nestled in the crook of my arm. He was perfect - he stayed awake most of the time but just sucked on his pacifier and looked around lazily. I heard him grunt once or twice, but he never cried. I had so much fun loving on that sweet little boy. While I in no way desire to have a newborn of my own, it was so very nice to hold a baby again. There is no other feeling in the world, and life seems a bit brighter with a baby in your arms.

my view for the evening

My bonus high point for the day was how fantastically Jocelyn and Molly behaved while I was on Jaxon duty. We were all at the dance studio for those three hours, and I was prepared for my daughters to get stir crazy quickly. I did my best to equip ourselves with snacks and toys. And the girls did great. Molly was hilarious - she was like a guard dog as I held Jaxon. She hovered inches from me, and got very annoyed if anyone else came over to look at him. She was equally annoyed that I wasn't letting her hold him; she kept saying, "My turn, Momma, my turn!" stretching her arms out ready to take the baby off of my hands. Both girls played quietly, ate their dinner, and just behaved incredibly. I couldn't have been prouder of my girls for making the best of the situation, occupying themselves while I could take care of their new little friend.

eating dinner in the dressing room

playing the tablet together


No comments:

Post a Comment