Saturday, January 19, 2013

Roller Coaster

Today was a VERY up and down day. One minute I was spending time with Molly sitting on my lap "reading" books to me. The next my children are running and screaming through my house like possessed hoodlums. Then I'm snuggling with Jocelyn watching a movie during quiet time. Shortly after dinner my stomach decided to turn on me, and I spent most of the evening lying in the fetal position on my bed. I could hear, however, Ben watching a movie and spending some nice time with Jocie and Molly. Ava did not get to participate because she threw a HECK of a tantrum before bathtime, and ended up skipping her bath altogether and getting sent to bed early kicking and screaming (literally, unfortunately). Molly was plenty mad that I could not put her to bed tonight and made sure that her Daddy and I both knew it, as Ben had to pry her off of me screaming "I REALLY NEED MY MOMMY!!" However, after about 15 or 20 minutes of snuggling, Ben managed to calm Molly down and get her to bed peacefully.

Days like today happen from time to time, and are good reminders to me why I started this blog in the first place. During the bad times it was difficult to think about something good that had happened; and yet, when something good did occur, I made sure to appreciate it all the more and hold on to those memories. I hope tomorrow is a little more even-keeled than today was, but will take the good with the bad and be grateful for both.

No comments:

Post a Comment