Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Good Parenting

Today's highlight came at the kids' bedtime. As is quite typical, after Molly had been put in her bed she continued talking to herself. Ben, my dad and I were all sitting down in the living room listening to her singing Itsy Bitsy Spider at the top of her lungs. A few minutes later Jocelyn came out of her room complaining about something not important enough for me to remember. All of a sudden we hear from Molly's room, "BE QUIET, SISTER!!" It was one of those moments I was glad all the kids were upstairs and therefore couldn't see all three adults laughing hysterically. The irony of this little person yapping loudly one minute and then scolding her sister the next minute was too funny. If they had been within eyesight I would have had to put on my best mom-face while telling Molly to mind her own business. Fortunately, I was able to go without my parent hat for the moment and just enjoy the hilarity of the whole situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment