Sunday, January 27, 2013

The Gift of Thanks

This afternoon we said good-bye to our out-of-town friends. We gave hugs, said we'd miss our guests and see them soon, and waved good-bye out the window. When I went upstairs to collect the bedding to be washed, I noticed a card sitting atop the pile of linens. It was a thank-you note from the girls who had stayed here, as well as a gift card for our hospitality. It was SO unexpected, it just made my day. Similarly, last week we received a thank-you card and gift from our friends whose daughters we watched while they were having their third child. I did both of these things because I love hosting people in our home and enjoy helping out whenever I am able. I in no way expected or even thought about being compensated or thanked formally for my actions. To feel appreciated is such a gift in itself. I knew that these girls appreciated getting to stay here, but to have them show their appreciation made me feel very special. They really blessed me with their gift of thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment