Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Consolation Painting

Today was absolutely GORGEOUS. After last week when we didn't see the temperature get above 30, today's high was in the mid 60s. Unfortunately for my children, we did not take advantage of the weather at all. I woke up for the third morning in a row with a TERRIBLE headache. (Seems the time has come to get a new pillow.) I could barely even see straight until halfway through the morning, and by then all I wanted to do was veg and recover. So as a sort of consolation for not getting out of the house, I pulled out the finger paints and we had a painting session before lunchtime.

The girls loved it. They spent a good 30 minutes (Molly more like 45) painting. It started off slow - one color, one finger - but quickly became a full on color-mixing, whole-hand masterpiece-making experience. I still feel bad we didn't get to breathe in a little fresh air, but hopefully with our art time I saved myself from Worst Mom of the Day.





No comments:

Post a Comment