Sunday, January 20, 2013

Game Night

This afternoon Ava decided she wanted to play checkers. She asked me if I would play with her, and I turned her down. I know her ability is limited, and my patience was even less than her ability, so for both our sakes I didn't think it was a good idea. Ben agreed to play with her after dinner, however, and I told Jocelyn we could play a game of our own, and was quite excited for a little impromptu game night.

It will be more of a funny memory for me than a fun one. I had imagined this nice, peaceful scene with all of us playing games together, having a nice time and enjoying one another's company. In reality, I was trying to keep Jocelyn focused on our Yahtzee and Memory games while I could hear Ben trying to show Ava over and over the checkers moves she was missing, all while Molly moved from game to game trying to be as in the way as humanly possible. I'm not sure where we went wrong, but it was not the serene bonding experience I had hoped for. It was comedic, however, and a good starting point for many game nights to come. I mean, it can only go up from here, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment