Saturday, January 12, 2013

Family Day

Today was weird for me. Ava was gone all day at a dance workshop in Maryland. She went up last night with her friend Molly and her sister and mom, and other than a text and picture first thing this morning I have not heard a word from her. A big part of me is glad - I am proud of how independent my daughters are and how well they do without me. And yet, there's been a small part of me that has been really missing her today. So to take my mind off of who was NOT home today, I focused on the family that was here.

Today is Papa's last full day with us, and even though my kids don't know this they took full advantage of the day. Jocelyn enlisted Papa's help to put together 2 puzzles, the girls read books with him, and we ended things with a not-so-quiet but still nice dinner out. It was a nice quiet day spent enjoying each other's company. I know the girls (and I) will be sad to see my dad leave tomorrow, but I am very glad that they got to make some great memories today to hold them until next time.

working on a 100-piece princess puzzle

reading a riveting Dora tale

my dinner dates sitting to my right

and to my left

No comments:

Post a Comment