Thursday, October 31, 2013

Picky Eater Hope

Tonight we had a dinner that I think is pretty stinkin' delicious. It's not the healthiest (are the best things ever?) but it's not awful: one of those skillet meals that you literally take out of the freezer, dump into the skillet and cook until it's ready. Pasta, chicken, and veggies in a cheese sauce. AH-mazing. Of course, my nutty children do not often share Ben's and my opinion on what is good or tasty. Jocelyn wanted nothing to do with it, I'd guess mainly because of the vegetables. Molly on the other hand ate a few of the veggies but wanted nothing else. Ava, however, is my sliver of hope for the day. Ava was a picky eater from the moment she began eating foods other than milk. She has always eaten very little in quantity or variety. Tonight, she finished all of her dinner. The most impressive part: I think she liked it but wasn't overly impressed by it. Even a year ago that would have meant she take a bite, maybe two, and be done. The fact that we have finally gotten past the ridiculously picky phase gives me hope. I may have a long way to go, but if my children eventually overcome their insane picky tendencies and ALL eat what's put in front of them, I will be one very happy Momma. I'll take the baby step of my oldest daughter cleaning her plate as a ray of hope for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment