Thursday, October 17, 2013

Food and Fun for Date Night

Tonight Ben and I had a date night, the first in a few months. I planned this, and in the spirit of going out of my comfort zone a bit suggested we go to a Japanese steakhouse. First of all, I am not typically a big fan of Asian food. Second, having been to this place once before I knew it was slightly more expensive than I like to spend on food. However, I also remembered that the food was great and the atmosphere fun so I wanted to go. And it was a lot of fun. The chef was great at both cooking and entertaining us. He gave us his best "egg roll," rolling the egg all over the cooktop and catching it in his pocket and on top of his hat. He threw bits of cooked shrimp into each of our mouths. The best part was when he looked at Ben and said, "So, what, you from Texas?" Ben was astonished as he said, "Uh, yes!!" Then the chef asked if Ben was military. Now, Ben has a substantial amount of facial hair at this point, so he no longer looks obviously military, so it was pretty impressive he got this correct as well. Ben and I enjoyed some delicious food while relaxing and enjoying some one-on-one time. It was an evening that we can't repeat too often due to the expense, but it was a lot of good food and fun times that I can't wait to get to do again.

No comments:

Post a Comment