Thursday, October 24, 2013

Deeper Love

Disclaimer: this post is bound to get sappy... you have been warned.

I have always heard people say, particularly on birthdays and anniversaries, "I love you more today than I did [insert date here]." To be perfectly honest, I've always struggled with what that really meant. How do you really love someone MORE? Understand more, yes. Appreciate more, sure. But I've never quite grasped how you can love someone more one day than the last. And yet, tonight I can with total certainty say that I love my husband more than I have ever loved him before. I apologize because I will not be elaborating much on what happened to bring me to this conclusion. But circumstances and discussions have made look at him in a very new way. Who he is, how he acts, how he views himself and the world, the passion he has for life and growing each day... I've learned tonight that loving someone more means all the things above. I understand him more, respect him more, appreciate him more, am more proud of him than I ever have been before. Most of all, I feel more blessed than ever before to have this amazing human being in my life; not only that, I am blessed to have him as my life partner. Yes, I love and cherish the blessing of my husband tonight, way more than ever before. I didn't know that was possible, but am over the moon excited that it is and cannot thank God more for this blessing tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment