Tuesday, October 22, 2013

A Girl and Her Bed

Jocelyn has been really tired the past few days. I mean REALLY tired. I put her to bed about 15 or 20 minutes early last night; she fell asleep once and almost dozed off a separate time in the car this afternoon; and she was still a basket case and went to bed early again tonight.

To be clear, Jocie was in no way happy to be going to bed early. And yet, she lay down and did not get up again after I closed the door. (Well, she did get up a few hours later to go to the bathroom, but I don't hold that against her.) All three of my kids have always been really good about going to bed. I hear all these horror stories from friends of their kids running around past bedtime, getting out of their beds (and often rooms) countless times, and driving their parents crazy when they just want sleep for their kids and some peace and quiet for themselves. My kids find plenty of other ways to drive me crazy, but I recognize how truly blessed I have been to have three daughters who stay in their beds once the lights are turned off. I clean up, watch tv, and relax at the end of the day without ever wondering if my children are actually going to sleep. It is another small blessing that I do my best not to take for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment