Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Sick Day for Momma


Last night I was SICK. I don't know what exactly happened, but I had spent most of the day with a little tickle in my throat and then once the kids went to sleep my body turned on me. Couldn't swallow, had chills, the whole nine. I slept horribly, waking up several times from shaking so badly of fever.

The upside this morning was that whatever virus this was seemed to have worked itself out of my system - I could swallow again! The downside was that between the sleep deprivation and side effects of DayQuil, I still woke up feeling pretty lousy. I knew I had to find a way to have some sort of sick day to get myself on the mend. That is always challenging when there are children who need to be transported to and from school and dance class all day long.

Fortunately I am blessed with children who understand and respect when their Momma needs a resting day. After dropping Ava and Jocie at school, Molly and I returned home for Molly to watch Robin Hood while I lay on the couch and dozed on and off. Then this afternoon after picking Jocelyn up and having lunch, Jocie watched Star Wars while Molly and I both took afternoon naps. Both younger girls were not only good with being independent, but they were good nurses, bringing me water bottles and blankets and providing lots of cuddles. I am glad that I don't have to ask my children for too many days like today and grateful that they can be accommodating when I need a bit of a break to take care of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment