Saturday, October 19, 2013

Growing So Fast

Today was another one of those days when I looked at Ava and was humbled at how mature she has become. I had to work a shift at the preschool's consignment sale and Ava had asked to come with me. I told her it would be a few hours and she would have to behave; she said no problem. We arrived, she got her very own volunteer button, and we went to work. She was a great help, doing anything I asked her to politely and well. Not only that, she used her own money to buy a few things... not for herself, but for her sisters. She bought Molly some Minnie Mouse shoes, Jocelyn some slippers, and both of them some little stuffed toy whose tail shakes when you pull it out. Nothing very cute or in great shape, but she was so proud to use her money to get something for someone else. The rest of the day provided many similar little instances: she removed herself from a situation that was upsetting her rather than getting worked up, she cleaned up the living room without being asked this evening. Having one-on-one time with Ava today also provided time for some good conversations. She is just so mature now - I can have real conversations with her that she can follow and contribute to. I am in awe at how much Ava has grown up just in the last few weeks. She is maturing beautifully, making me feel truly blessed to be her mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment