Saturday, October 5, 2013

Jocie-time

This evening did NOT end well for my middle daughter and I. She is overtired and moody for whatever reason, and I was just tired from the end of a long day. There was more yelling and crying than I care to remember. So instead of focusing on the end of our day I will recall how wonderfully our day began.

This morning I took Jocelyn shopping for some new shoes. We got dressed, ate breakfast, and were on our way before the day got too exciting. For this reason it wasn't a struggle getting Jocelyn to come with me to run errands. We weren't even out of our neighborhood before Jocie said to me, "Mom, this is so fun. I love getting to spend time on my own with you." I found this to be very perceptive of her to say. Not only did she recognize she was excited and having fun but she realized why - that she was getting some one-on-one time with her mom. And while the shoe shopping experience itself was slightly tedious, I greatly enjoyed getting to spend that time with Jocelyn, just the two of us. It is those happy memories that I will hold on to tonight, as well as the feeling of love for my temperamental but wonderful middle child.

No comments:

Post a Comment