Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Family Medicine

As I look back on today, I realize I am grateful for the help of modern medicine for my family and myself. Currently I am administering medication to both Jocelyn and Molly twice a day. Jocelyn is on amoxicilian (sp?) for an ear infection which because of the medicine was on its way out before it really flared up at all. Molly is taking an antacid/antihistamine of sorts that for whatever reason is keeping her periodic fevers at bay. The medication is DISGUSTING - I put a drop on my finger to taste once and I don't know how Molly gets it down - but as a result we have gone 6 weeks fever free, the longest stretch in recent memory. Additionally, I made my own run to the Target pharmacy today to pick up some Sudafed and cough drops for a lovely sinus issue that is trying to make its way into my chest. I currently feel pretty darn sluggish for this "non-drowsy" medicine, but I am breathing better than I have in at least a week, which hopefully will result in a better night's sleep than I've had in a while. I'm not one to drug myself or my kids unnecessarily, but I have a great respect for medicine and how it helps me care for my family. Anything that helps us get and stay healthy makes life a little bit easier, and that is always a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment