Monday, October 21, 2013

Good Talk

This afternoon was rough for me. One of Jocelyn's classmates had a birthday party, so rather than getting everyone home and to quiet time by 1:30pm as usual we were not home until after 3pm. Everyone (including me) was tired and overstimulated. My day was made much better a few hours later when Ben came home. I was on the computer battling with some website or other when he came home so he came up to say hello. We had a 10 minute conversation of why I was frustrated, how his day had gone, etc. Nothing earth-shattering, nothing monumentally important. Just a husband and wife reconnecting after a day apart. It was nice to have an adult to talk to, someone who I don't have to over-explain myself to but who understands me and where I am coming from. That short conversation may not have erased all the craziness of the day, but I felt recharged enough to get through dinner and the rest of the evening in a pleasant mood. It was a little talk that had a big impact on my day in a very positive way.

No comments:

Post a Comment