Wednesday, October 23, 2013

It Takes a Village

This evening when I arrived at the dance studio to pick Ava up from her classes, one of Ava's classmate's moms approached me. She told me that earlier during a break Ava had gotten a little sad and shared with this mom that she had had a bad time in school with some of her friends. (This was of course news to me, as the report I got at the end of the day was a bouncy and happy report.) The mom had taken a minute to talk to Ava, reassuring her that those kinds of days happen to everyone and that she is a wonderful girl who will have a better day tomorrow. After she retold everything to me, I thanked her for letting me know. But more I was grateful for such a loving and caring person for Ava to have in her life. This mom didn't have to spend all that time with my daughter. We have surrounded our family with so many other caring and supportive people; it is such a blessing to feel my family and I are looked out for at all times. Ben and I could never raise these girls all on our own, and without our blood family around I am so thankful we have found our own "village" of quality people to help us raise our family in a positive and moral way.

No comments:

Post a Comment