Monday, October 7, 2013

The Joy of Giving

This afternoon I took Jocelyn and Molly out to our new favorite store, Five Below, to buy birthday gifts for Ava. I told them they could each pick something for their big sister. It was really quite fun watching them decide what they wanted to buy. I was surprised and proud that I only had to remind them once or twice that we were only buying for Ava today, and not for themselves. After much consideration, Jocie picked a stuffed animal while Molly got her big sister some Angry Birds stickers. It will be fun to see the girls react to Ava opening their gifts. This is really the first time I've had them pick out gifts on their own for someone else. I think that as hard as it was at times, the girls did well and will be very proud to give Ava gifts that they chose all on their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment