Friday, October 4, 2013

More Coffee

This morning I had another one of my coffee mornings with a few former-dance-mom-friends. And again it was just a really nice time. Today we met at my house, because neither Jocelyn nor Molly had school and so it seemed it would be difficult to have anything close to a peaceful conversation if we met at a restaurant or coffee shop. It was great - the girls occupied themselves wonderfully, only coming to beg for a snack every now and then, and I got to catch up and chat with my friends. It wasn't perfect by any stretch, of course. One of my friends managed to step on a piece of last night's hot dog that had hidden under our table. Molly went to the bathroom all by herself but decided putting her underwear back on was entirely optional; she was wearing a dress so we couldn't tell until she decided to randomly lift her dress as she walked around. I love that for once my kids had to entertain themselves while I had my own version of a playdate. It was equally nice that my friends understand what it is like to have young children and were so accommodating and understanding. It was a nice morning and a lovely way to get ready for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment