Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween Hangover

It was clear within the first few minutes of waking up this morning that my goal for the day would be simple: do all I could to make sure my family and I avoided the dreaded holiday hangover, when everyone is sluggish and generally grumpy because a holiday is past and we must now return to normal life. I have to say we succeeded pretty well! Ava had the fun of a Pajama Day at school to look forward to:


My day was made bright with the arrival of my big pink box, full of supplies and goodies to kick-start my new Thirty-One venture.


Jocelyn and Molly struggled a bit more than the rest of us today. They were on a crazy roller coaster of emotions both on their own and when interacting with each other. Several times they were pushing each other's buttons like crazy. But I caught this moment of the two of them playing school and drawing on our easel together:


They were quiet, happy, and playing in close proximity - a rare event indeed. I'd say we all managed to handle our Halloween hangovers well and can now look forward to a fun and relaxing weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment