Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Peek into the Past

Today, as many days, I was working on our family computer, then got to doing other tasks in the study. After the laptop idles for a while, it will start to go into sleep mode. As part of this, it plays a random slideshow of pictures that are stored on the hard drive. The timing before the computer monitor goes completely black leaves only enough time for 4 or 5 pictures to be seen, but each time I catch these few moments it makes my day. It got me thinking: we don't really ever take pictures of sad or bad times in our lives. All of the pictures I have taken, and therefore that appear on this random slideshow, are of moments that brought me joy then and brings me joy to look at now. Today's pictures ranged from Jocelyn as a one-year-old sitting in her Daddy's lap, to Molly opening up her Christmas presents last year, to who knows what else. I am grateful for the brief but precious reminders of all the good times I have been blessed to share with my wonderful family.

No comments:

Post a Comment