Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Babysitter Love

This afternoon I had to get a few cavities filled, so two of our "big girl" dance friends came over to watch the girls. One of them, Wendy, may be one of Jocelyn's favorite people in the world. I wish I had videotaped her reaction when I told her Wendy was coming - there are no words to adequately describe the squeals and jumping up and down in excitement. When Wendy walked in the door, Jocie just leapt into Wendy's arms and gave her the biggest, tightest hug she was able to. I love that my daughters have older girls they admire and enjoy spending time with. I equally appreciate just how much these older girls love my kids. I obviously think my kids are fantastic, but that doesn't mean I expect everyone to feel the same way. I hope these special relationships are ones we can hold onto at least a little as the girls get older.

No comments:

Post a Comment