Friday, November 8, 2013

Spiritual Rejuvenation

This morning I went in to talk with our parish priest. In many ways the experience brought me back to my childhood. My mom worked as a youth minister in our parish when I was in middle school and high school. Because of this, I had a very unique and close experience with my church. It was perfectly normal for me to get out of school and head to the parish office, where I might run into and talk with one of the priests, the DRE, or any other parish employee. Some conversations were spiritually driven, but many were just typical how-have-you-been encounters. It was just the experience of being surrounded by positive, godly people that had a wonderful impact on my life. While I have never lost my strength in faith, I have never been as connected to my parish community as I was back then. Sitting and talking with my pastor for 30 minutes this morning was like a breath of familiar fresh air. Again, it wasn't that I had some monumental spiritual awakening or revelation. Rather, it was having a good conversation that was rooted in the faith that I hold so dear that I came away appreciating. I hope to make this a more frequent occurrence. I've never been one to loudly express and share my faith; yet it gives me great comfort to feel surrounded by God's love through others who share the beliefs I myself hold so dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment