Sunday, November 3, 2013

Fall Back... Beautifully

Last night we turned the clocks back. When Ava was little I would always make sure I knew at least a week ahead of when we would change the clocks so I could gradually move bedtime and ease into the adjustment. A few years and a few kids later, I never remember until just before bedtime that the time will change the next day. I went to bed last night having changed all the clocks, including the clock in the girls' room that lights up when it's time for them to get out of bed. While I set the clock the full hour back, I set the time they could get out of bed only 45 minutes back, so as not to ask too much of them the first morning.

Turns out, once again, I have the best kids in the world. Ava and Jocelyn woke up at 7am - the new 7am. Molly slept even later than that. There was no child awake at 5am. The transition could not have been more seamless; it was incredible. What an amazing way to start the day! Rested, happy, and adjusted to the new time, we all started the day off in a great place that set the tone for a terrific Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment