Monday, November 25, 2013

Evening Reading

After dinner the girls seemed a little more wound up than usual. I sent them upstairs a few minutes early to put their pajamas on. I went in to Molly's room to check in and found Jocelyn and Molly looking through books. Jocelyn asked if I could read a book to them. Ava was meanwhile on her way to sit and read on her own. Impromptu reading time? I was all about it. All five of us seemed to rotate rooms where books were being read - first Ben was sitting with Ava listening to her while I read Caps for Sale to Jocelyn and Molly; shortly afterward Ben and Jocelyn listened to me read How the Grinch Stole Christmas while Molly kept Ava company. I love reading so much and really savor nights like this when we are all enjoying some time together sharing the joy of a good story.

No comments:

Post a Comment