Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Mommy's Helpers

This morning, as predicted, I was EXHAUSTED. I could tell it was nearing time to get up and simply had no motivation to do so. Around 7:15am or so, Ava came into my room. She just leaned down quietly and whispered in my ear, "Mom, is it okay if I make my own snack and lunch for today? That way you can sleep in a little." If I had been conscious enough I would have kissed her and told her she was my knight in shining armor for even offering. As it was, I nodded slightly and she took off for the kitchen. She did need help unscrewing the ranch dressing bottle and peanut butter jar but, seeing as how I could do that with my eyes shut, I didn't begrudge her the needed assistance. Did the extra 10 or 15 minutes of rest really make that much difference? Probably not. But man did it feel good just the same.

My bonus moment occurred this evening: Jocelyn came downstairs after dinner while I was finishing up the dishes and wiping down countertops. She looked at me and said, "Mom, is it okay if I clean the living room?" Doing my best not to laugh I replied, "Yes, Jocelyn. You don't ever have to ASK to help me clean." The room never did get totally picked up, but considering I hadn't requested anything of my children I took the extra helping hand I had received and was thankful for my sweet child's offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment