Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Giving Thanks

This morning was Jocelyn and Molly's preschool Thanksgiving feast. The kids file in to the chapel, the church's pastor says a few words about the first Thanksgiving and Scripture, the children sing a few songs, and then we all go chow down on turkey sandwiches and other Thanksgiving-related goodies. It was Molly's first school performance, while Jocelyn is of course an old pro. The highlight for me, which of course I didn't get on film, was when the pastor was saying a prayer of thanksgiving, both my children (as well as many of the school children) were bowing their heads, hands folded and eyes closed. They were so genuine in their praying. There was a pureness and sweetness I cannot describe but will never forget. I am thankful for these girlies every day, but in a special way on this Thanksgiving Feast day.

Jocie singing at the feast

Molly singing (well, a little)

my pilgrim and Native American


No comments:

Post a Comment